We are looking for a technical leader who will be able to maintain and develop the quality of delivered services and projects in accordance with company values in a team of database administrators.
The leader in this position will manage a group of SQL Server database administrators and participate actively in team work as an administrator. The ratio of technical work to team management for this position is 70/30.
If you are an experienced SQL Server database administrator and want to continuously develop in this area by delivering services as well as projects for multinational companies and huge database environments, then this is the perfect position for you!
In addition, you will manage a group of administrators, take care of their development, set priorities, delegate to appropriate tasks, and directly influence the course of projects and services on a 365/7/24 mode.
What do we offer:
- Work with a large volume of data in various sectors, which contributes to the rapid acquisition of experience
- Access to the latest IT technologies – opportunity for constant development
- Opportunity to automate processes
- Participation in international projects
- Flexible working hours and friendly atmosphere
- Possibility of hybrid work or in one of our offices (Krakow or Poznan)
- Possible forms of employment: contract of employment, B2B contract
- Participation in “Science Friday” meetings and conferences
- Opportunity to shape and develop your own team of database administrators and cooperate with other technical departments
- Opportunity to advance your own ideas and projects as well as influence the shaping of the company
- Internal and external training in the area of supported technologies and management methodologies
As the SQL Server Lead:
- Management and development of a database administrator support team working for clients from various industries in 365/7/24 both on-premises and cloud mode
- Leading support services and projects for clients, including international clients (building IT environments, audits, reconfiguration, enhancements and performance improvements),
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Responsibility for team performance and development
- Execution of agreed targets
- Motivating team members and evaluating their professional achievements during appraisal interviews
- Executing recruitment processes for the department
- Supervising the proper functioning of internal processes
- Day-to-day cooperation with other departments in the company
As SQL Server Administrator:
- Administration, configuration, support, troubleshooting of 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2022 SQL Server databases
- Administration, configuration, support, troubleshooting of SQL Server databases in Microsoft Azure cloud (IaaS, PaaS)
- Participation in implementation and migration projects (Mirosoft Azure, on-premises)
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation
- Installing patches
- Automation of database system management processes
- Monitoring database performance, query optimization, database engine tuning
- Performing database audits aimed mainly at performance and troubleshooting related issues,
- Implementation, maintenance of Disaster Recovery and High Availability solutions
- Securing data through backup & recovery solutions
- University degree in computer science or related field
- Min. 4 years of experience in SQL Server database administration
- Min. 2 years of experience in team management (building commitment, delegating tasks, organizing department’s work, resolving conflicts)
- Presence in the Poznan office several times a month to integrate and build relationships with the team
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, including setting priorities
- Knowledge of the ITIL standard
- Knowledge of T-SQL
- Practical knowledge of replication, High Availability and Disaster Recovery technologies and query optimization issues
- Knowledge of English at the level of min. B2
- Responsibility for assigned tasks
- Innovation and creativity in the implementation of new solutions
- Willingness for constant development
- Experience with VLDB databases
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Holding Microsoft certifications (DP-300, MCSA preferred)
- Ability to write PowerShell scripts
- Knowledge of operating systems, and including Windows Server or Linux
- Experience in Oracle database systems administration and knowledge of PL/SQL
Thank you for your interest in our offer and for sending your application.
We kindly inform you we will contact the selected candidates.
If you would like us to keep your resume on file and keep in touch, please include the appropriate consent in your resume:
❑ Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie podanych przeze mnie moich danych osobowych niewymienionych w art. 221 § 1 Kodeksu pracy, ani innych przepisach szczególnych znajdujących zastosowanie zgodnie z art. 221 § 4 Kodeksu pracy, w celu przeprowadzenia rekrutacji przez Administratora Danych Osobowych – „summ-it s.a.” z siedzibą w Poznaniu ul. Głogowska 31/33, 60-702 Poznań.
❑ Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych podanych przeze mnie w trakcie procesu rekrutacji w celu wprowadzenia tych danych do bazy Administratora Danych Osobowych – „ summ-it s.a.” z siedzibą w Poznaniu ul. Głogowska 31/33, 60-702 Poznań i ich przetwarzania na potrzeby przyszłych procesów rekrutacyjnych.